Even after the implementation of Unlock-1, a large number of people are doing ‘work from home.’ In such a situation, good internet speed and safe wifi are critical. In such a case, if you are facing the problem of slow internet, then you need to take many steps. These measures will improve the internet speed. In this regard, we are giving you expert tips:
First, check internet speed.
To do a net speed check on a desktop or laptop, you can go to a speed testing website like speedtest.net or fast.com. Here you will see the download and upload speed. At the same time, you can open these sites on mobile too. You can also get information about speed by downloading apps from Google Play Store and Apple App Store. 15mbps is a slow speed, while 25mbps is an average speed. At the same time, 40mbps or more is the best speed.
How to improve internet speed
1. Choose the right plan most important
See how much internet data you need daily in work from home and how much internet speed should be there for your work. While choosing a better plan, first of all, you have to see which method will get a better connection. Also, which company has a good network near your home. You can talk to the Internet service provider and choose a better plan. Choose a plan with sufficient data and excellent speed.
2. Connect the computer directly to the router
Connect the computer directly to the router via an ethernet cable. This reduces your movement, but it is better for internet speed. You can also take an adapter with this. You can also use extension cable in this sequence.
3. Change the channel of your wireless network
It takes some time and technical skills, but you will benefit. If you and your neighbor’s network are running on the same channel, then your signal will be affected. The wireless system operates on various radio frequencies, called channels. New routers automatically scan and select a clean channel. Some routers do this after they are off-on. But you may be using the default, so you will need to go to the administrator’s website or app to change the channel from where you update the router software. Channels may be hidden in wifi setup or advanced settings.
4. Connect the router at a frequency
If you are using a dual-band router, which works at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, then you connect your device at only one rate. At the same time, in a dual-band router, you can choose the 2.4 GHz frequency. Signal strength is right, even in this range. If the router is 10 feet away from the laptop, then a 2.4 GHz frequency router would be better for you.
5. Wifi Dead-Zone
You can use third-party apps to locate wifi dead-zones. You get to know the places where wifi is not working correctly.
Pay attention to these
– Fewer devices should connect to wifi at once.
– Disconnect devices that are not currently needed.
– If a device connected to wifi is getting updated, the speed of other tools will be reduced.
Routers become hot because of being always online. In this case, reboot the router.
Keep wifi routers away from walls or electric appliances.
– Wifi signal breaks when placing a router near a wall or electrical devices.
– Always keep your router open.
Also, if possible, keep it away from metal items like refrigerators.
-New routers give 20 times faster internet speed than older ones.
In this way increase the speed of the mobile net
– See if the device is getting the signal properly.
– Turn the device’s airplane mode on and off.
– Can reset the network and reboot the machine.
-This causes the system to connect again to the closest tower.
– Speed decreases during free updates.
– Do not run and update apps in the background.
Make wifi and network secure.
Right now, the risk of unauthorized access is high, as hackers are aware that many people are working from their homes. You will be surprised to know that the router can be hacked very quickly. According to F-Secure, check what kind of router you are taking before taking the router. One way to protect wifi is to ask for a router that supports the latest wifi security system.
1. Use a virtual private network (VPN) before connecting your working device to the home network. Do not use a free VPN at all.
2. Weak or outdated passwords cause more than half of the data breaches. So use a strong password and keep changing it at regular intervals. Do not write your password on a laptop or computer.
3. If You Go Away From Your Computer, Even If It Was
4. Wherever possible, it is necessary to use encryption.
5. Different access controls should be configured for different level users.
6. A firewall must be installed to filter inbound and outbound traffic.
7. The router’s log should not be left in the router by default.
Enjoyed this article? Stay informed by joining our newsletter!