Fun Star Wars Trivia Questions and Answers
Maybe you and your Star Wars pals are planning a game night, someone’s birthday, or any other social event. One of the best and easiest activities to implement is trivia, as basically everyone already knows the rules: you answer the given questions to score points. It’s also easy to divide into teams, and adjust the question’s difficulties as fitting for your group.
So, whether you’re a casual partaker or a hardcore fanatic, today you’ll find trivia corresponding to the depth of your spacefaring knowledge. To see just how well your Jedi and Sith knowledge flows, these are 100 awesome Star Wars trivia questions for any event!
10 Easy Prequel Trilogy Questions
For fledgling padawans, children, or simply casual fans, these basic questions test your knowledge without requiring an advanced knowledge of Star Wars lore. To further lessen the challenge, add multiple choice options.
- In Episode 1, which Sith uses a double-bladed red lightsaber? Darth Maul
- Who built C-3PO? Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
- What planet do Padme, Palpatine, and Jar-Jar represent in the Senate? Naboo
- Which Jedi Master uses a purple lightsaber? Mace Windu
- Who is Anakin’s primary Jedi mentor? Obi-Wan Kenobi
- What rain-filled planet does Obi-Wan tour the cloning facilities of? Kamino
- Who kills General Grievous? Obi-Wan Kenobi
- What is the name of Count Dooku’s political faction that leaves the Republic? The Separatists. Confederacy of Independent Systems (CIS) is also acceptable.
- What species is Jar-Jar Binks? Gungan
- During his battle against Obi-Wan, how many lightsabers does General Grievous use, and what colors were they? Four; two green and two blue.
10 Easy Sequel Trilogy Questions
This list was made before Episode 9, thus only Episode 7 and 8 questions appear for these sections (future readers, feel free to shoot me an update reminder).
- Who are Kylo Ren’s parents? Han and Leia
- Rey is a scavenger on which planet? Jakku
- Which character shoots Kylo Ren after he kills Han Solo? Chewbacca
- In Episode 7, who commands the First Order (from the very top)? Supreme Leader Snoke
- Who leads the Resistance as its general? Leia
- What prompted Luke to enter exile? Kylo’s fall to the Dark Side and massacre of Luke’s other students.
- Who visits Luke before he attempts to burn the Jedi library on Ahch-To? Yoda (as a Force ghost)
- Who stops Finn from completing his suicide run on the planet Crait? Rose Tico
- Who first engages Kylo Ren in a lightsaber duel outside Starkiller Base? Finn
- Which female First Order officer wears a metallic suit? Captain Phasma
10 Medium Prequel Trilogy Questions
For Jedi Knights, these questions offers a fair but surmountable challenge.
- Who was Qui-Gon Jinn’s former Jedi Master? Count Dooku
- Which Tatooine moisture farmer does Shmi Skywalker marry? Cliegg Lars
- What is Count Dooku’s Sith title? Darth Tyranus
- Which female bounty hunter assists Jango Fett? Zam Wesell
- Who is Anakin’s Dug-species Podracing rival? Sebulba
- True or false: Jar-Jar Binks appears in Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. True, unfortunately.
- Out of Luke, Han, Leia, C-3PO, and R2-D2, which character does not appear in the prequel trilogy? Han, though he does star in the spinoff Solo movie.
- Palpatine/Darth Sidious issues Order number __ to have the Clone Troopers betray the Jedi. 66
- Who slices off Mace Windu’s hand shortly before his death? Anakin Skywalker
- Which of Padme’s twins is born first? Luke
10 Hard Prequel Trilogy Questions
Consider yourself a true Jedi Master if you can correctly answer these challenging questions (many require expanded universe knowledge)!
- Before Palpatine, who is the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic Senate? Chancellor Valorum
- What is the name of the transport Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Jar-Jar use to navigate Naboo’s planet core? A bongo.
- Obi-Wan discovers Anakin’s midi-chlorian count is over what value? 20,000
- During her time as Queen of Naboo, who is Padme’s appointed captain? Captain Panaka
- What is the full name of the Neimoidian who leads the Trade Federation? Nute Gunray
- What drink does Obi-Wan politely reject at Dex’s diner? Jawa Juice
- In the Geonosian arena, what tiger-like animal attacks Padme? A nexu
- Who is Obi-Wan’s female alien guide through the Kamino cloning facility? Taun We
- During his clash against the Separatists on Utapau, Obi-Wan rides a female varactyl; what was her name? Boga
- In the conclusion to their epic duel, Obi-Wan dismembers three of Anakin’s limbs; which one doesn’t get severed? His mechanical right arm (Dooku chopped the original off in Episode 2, leading to a robotic prosthetic).
10 Star Wars History Questions
These tidbits test your knowledge of Star Wars’s evolution as a franchise and the cast behind the scenes.
- Who is Darth Vader’s famous voice actor (hint: he also voices Lion King’s Mufasa)? James Earl Jones
- What year was the original Star Wars film (Episode 4) released? 1977
- Who is the original creator of Star Wars? George Lucas
- Who composes the Star Wars music for numbered episodes? John Williams
- Which renowned puppeteer provides the movement and often voice of Yoda? Frank Oz
- Benicio Del Toro portrays DJ in The Last Jedi, but which Episode 1 character was he originally scheduled to perform before leaving the project? Darth Maul
- Who plays the Emperor/Darth Sidious in both the original and prequel trilogies? Ian McDiarmid
- Unlike Darth Vader, the actor inside C-3PO’s suit also provides his voice. Who is he? Anthony Daniels
- Creator George Lucas sneaks in a cameo appearance as Notluwiski Papanoida (now there’s a name) in which film? Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
- Which family-friendly corporation bought Star Wars in 2012? Disney
Star Wars Trivia for Adults and Children
These questions should have you well on your way to an out of this world party, but remember you can customize your game and setting as you like. For adults, trivia’s often mixed with alcohol, and Star Wars’s numerous planets and cantinas afford several excuses to concoct themed brews. Kids, on the other hand, may want toy lightsabers as props and multiple choice options to help them guess correct answers.
Regardless of which style you choose, the Star Wars universe contains eons of awesome trivia to quiz your friends with, but for now, as we eagerly await our next galactic adventure, vote for your favorite saga and I’ll see you at our next Star Wars review!