We have often heard that a pregnant woman should eat for two people, for herself and her baby. But overeating can lead to weight gain, which is also problematic.
Here is the list of some foods that will help underweight women gain some weight:
– Fish and shellfish (for fatty acids and iodine)
– Milk and milk products (for calcium and protein)
– Legumes and leafy green vegetables (for iron and micronutrients).
– Meat (For fats and proteins)
– Citrus fruits (for folic acid and vitamins)
It’s best to consult your gynaecologist for a customised diet chart.