India is a favorite place for mountain destinations surrounded by greenery and dense forests. Lots of tourists from all over the world come to the hill stations of India throughout the year to enjoy nature. These places are very suitable and a must-visit for every nature lover. The hill stations of India offer a lot of beautiful and spectacular sights to the tourists in the vast mountainous region of the Himalayas. Snow, which is very rare in tropical countries like India, so naturally, the hill stations of India are the places where everyone runs to cool down in search of a little comfort.
The hill stations of India have not yet become a commercial hub, but these places have always attracted tourists for their comfortable weather and natural beauty, and one such hill station is Mount Abu.
Mount Abu is located in the western Indian state of Rajasthan, near the Gujarat border. Slightly different from other hill stations in India, this place is located on a high rocky plateau in the Aravalli Range and is literally an extension of a desert.
Rajasthan is generally identified as the land of heroism and adventure, also home to the largest desert in India, the Thar Desert. Adjacent to Pakistan, this sandy region is proud of Udaipur- the lake town and the city of Mount Abu, it really exists like an oasis in the middle of the desert.
Top 5 Tourist Attractions To See In Mount Abu:
1. Sunset Point: This place is located on the rocky part of Mount Abu and has a pleasant climate throughout the year. It is known as an attractive place for tourists in terms of height and strategic location.
2. Nakki Lake: This beautiful lake is surrounded by mountains and has boating facilities that provide a distinct attraction and pleasant experience to the tourists. This lake is artificially created at an altitude of about 1200 meters above sea level.
3. Dilwara Temples: Located about 3 km from Mount Abu; these temples are one of the masterpieces of Indian historical architecture. It was built between the 11th and 13th centuries AD. Surrounded by lush greenery and elevated above the surrounding areas, these temples are world-famous for their stunning use of marble and a wonder to all visitors.
4. Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary: Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary has gained a special glory due to its wide variety of wildlife. The sanctuary is one of the attractions and the oldest part of the region. If you love adventure and want to witness a thrilling experience, this is the place for you. Also, the natural beauty and serene environment will bring you here again and again.
5. Guru Shikhar: Guru Shikhar is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range and is located 15 km from the city center. It is located at an altitude of 1722 meters above sea level, and from here, you can see the entire Aravalli Range, including Mount Abu at a glance. However, to reach here, you have to climb several steps up the hill.
These are some of the main attractions that Mount Abu offers to its visitors.
How To Reach:
As a popular tourist destination, Mount Abu is very well connected with other important places in the country.
Rail: Abu Road is the nearest main railway station which is 26 km from the city, it is well connected to Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Jaipur, and Mumbai. From Abu Road, you can book shared taxis or personal cars.
Air: Udaipur is the nearest airport and is 185 km away, but Ahmedabad has better connectivity to other parts of the country.
Road: Mount Abu is well accessible by road from the major cities of India, National Highway. No.14 is just 24 km. Away.
So pack your bags quickly and head out to this stunningly beautiful place. I’m sure Mount Abu will not disappoint you.
Enjoyed this article? Stay informed by joining our newsletter!