Working from home sounds good and seems like a good idea when you are working in a big company’s office and tired of the same working lifestyle. But, the work from home schedule also brings out multiple kinds of challenges with it.
Due to the spread of covid-19 all over the world, every largely populated country across the globe had informed the lockdown in their country to promote social distancing and minimize the spread of novel coronavirus.
Most of the companies have allowed their employees to work from home. But it is not as easy as we think. It could miserably affect the person’s work-home life balance and distract his/her focus if done without proper planning and timetable. Today we will tell you about the 12 best ways to help you with working from home effectively.
1. Prepare a proper schedule: Properly set and make a timetable for yourself, which could help you maintain perfect work and home life balance. Choose the most convenient working hours when you should get up when you should start the work when you have to sign-off from work etc.
2. Make a proper morning routine: Wake up early in the morning and do some physical exercise like gyming, yoga or jogging, etc. You can also go out with your dog and do many more things. By getting up early, you can plan and manage the daily routine works, and your office efficiently, and early risers are always creative and active in their work.
3. Guidelines for children, pets, and family: Instruct your children, family members about when to come inside your workroom and when not. If you don’t do that, they could unintentionally distract your focus by disturbing you.
4. Take breaks: Working continuously for more extended periods could affect your working efficiency and productibility. That is why you should take a couple of breaks during your working schedule. For example, an hour break for lunch and two 15 minutes small breaks can help you. You can use these breaks entirely for the fixed time to do creative things, just like making a cup of tea, coffee, etc. rather than having lunch.
5. Go out at least once a day: Working throughout a day in the same space can frustrate you. That is why you should go out of your house at least once to change your mood and environment. This will give you a new kind of freshness in your mood.
6. Office setup with equipment: Everyone can’t have all the office equipment and installation at their house. But, if you can, you should have all the things and resources in your home-office just like your office space—for example, Monitor, mouse, keyboard, printer, software, etc. Always keep in mind to use separate computers or laptops for personal and professional use. This will make you feel like you are at the office, and you will be able to focus better on your work.
7. Separate phone number: It isn’t easy to maintain balance in work-home life when you are working from home. That is why it is better to have a different phone number for your work-life—for example, Work-related calls, text, video-conferences, etc. Don’t let your personal and work-life mix together.
8. Wear whatever you want: Work from home schedule gives you the independence to wear anything you want. You can work in shorts, lowers, t-shirts comfortably if you wish. We suggest you dress up like you get ready before going to the office and sit on your desk in a similar dressing. It would give you the same feeling as you are in the office, and you will be able to focus better. Wearing casual can make you lazy.
9. Don’t let anyone distract you: Learn to say no to the friends and people who visit you in your working time and avoid the long conversations with your loved once over the phone when you are working. We suggest you not to do your personal or housework while working. Because these things could distract you from focus and work, and your performance could lack.
10. Participate in all office meetings: Always participate in online office meetings over video conference calls and regularly interact with your colleagues, boss, and actively respond to what they say to make your presence feel. This will ensure them what you are a pretty responsible person and doing your level best to provide them the quality services.
11. Take the benefit of paid offs: If your company offers you the advantage of a few paid offs. You should take their benefit by taking them to refresh your mood by spending time with your loved once, family, and do the things you love the most. Working regularly for the longer tenures can negatively impact your working efficiency by making you feel tired.
12: Avoid using social media while working: Stay away from social media apps and platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, or Whatsapp, etc. while working. Because if you access these platforms while working, then it could easily take your lot of time as it is highly distracting and time-consuming.
We have specified a list of things you can do to maintain the right balance between your work and home life. If you do these things, working from home will become more comfortable for you, and you will be able to enjoy every bit of it. We wish you good luck and best wishes for your work.
Enjoyed this article? Stay informed by joining our newsletter!